When Highland was built in 1939 it was called Stow Grade School.
The plaque commemorating its opening and the fact that it was a Public Works project is pictured here.
The actual plaque is located in the main entrance hall of Highland Elementary.
During the 2014-15 school year, Highland Elementary School celebrated its 75th anniversary. This school has served the community continually since its doors opened in 1939. Please click on the link below to see how we celebrated this important milestone.
75th Anniversary Slide Show - March 2015